A MUSTARD MINUTE: 13 JUNE 2014
If your head’s about to explode from the feed of endless content blasted at you from every angle, never fear – your concentrated weekly wrap up of trending miscellanea is here…
1. Facebook reminded us to talk about that major soccer event that everyone is talking about with the introduction of a dedicated “trending hashtag” #worldcup page (uh, copy Twitter much?)
2. What’s the first thing you do when you find you’re all alone in an airport? Film yourself lip-syncingCeline Dion’s ‘All By Myself’ of course.
3. The first Vine video is sent from space. Neat.
4. Speaking of social from outer space, #CosmosFinale was trending Twitter’s walls, celebrating the first season of one of the world’s best new science shows finally made possible by Family Guy creator Seth McFarland.
5. The Internet’s latest ridiculous measurement of beauty since the “thigh gap” has arrived. Ladies…give yourself the finger. Supposedly, if your lips don’t touch your finger when holding it level between your nose and chin, you’re on the ugly list. Funnily enough, Angelina Jolie & Gisele Bundchen failed the test.
6. From the makers of satirical news site The Onion comes the viral parody site Clickhole. Clickhole’s aim is simple: “We strive to make sure that all of our content panders to and misleads our readers just enough to make it go viral.”
7. Google has launched ‘My Business’ – a platform for better business management, amalgamating a number of their tools into a single platform. Check out all the changes to your accounts here.
8. McDonald’s turned to the public to name their next burger…um, best you just read the comments.
9. 3D printing is now more than just plastics. This new 3D printer add-on demonstrates printing with Nutella. Yes please.
10. #getwoodyhome goes viral as a woman makes it her mission to return the lost toy she found on the motorway back to a little boy.
11. You’ve experienced the grouchy Christmas tales from the Grinch and Scrooge. This year, get ready for a grumpy Christmas, with meme sensation Grumpy Cat. No joke.
And that’s it from us. Have a Mustard weekend.
Have we satiated your thirst for web fun, facts and failure this week? Let us know in the comments.