A Mustard Minute: 28 November 2014
While the US eats turkey and prepares for epic shopping madness, folks down under pondered about all the snow-themed Xmas paraphernalia on shelves, and tuned in to the ARIAs (well…some of us did). One Directioner Liam expressed the majority of the nation’s sentiment towards the awards show…
Here’s what else has been making the rounds on the web this week:
- Yahoo continues twiddling its fingers and curling its moustache in sweet anticipation as rumours arose this week that Apple may be dumping Google as its default browser.
Image Source: bandt.com.au
- Facebook’s moving in on LinkedIn’s pro-networking turf, announcing ‘Facebook at Work’, an ad-free rival will be hitting screens sometime in the New Year.
Image Source: dailymail.co.uk
- Love science? Love drinking? (I’m gonna go ahead and assume you answered yes to those so this next part works…) Well this pocket pal app gives you data-driven recommendations of drinks you may or may not like based on your past faves. Just scan the bottle and let the good times roll…
Hello Next Glass, my new friend… Image: pskf.com
- Speaking of letting the good times roll, I can now smugly retire my ‘Frugal Wine Buyer’ hat and don my ‘Cab Sav Connoisseur’ cap after Aldi wines were placed among the top 100 best wines at the Sydney International Wine Competition.
Image Source: Supplied via goodfood.com.au
- Watch your back, Instagram. Tumblr and Pinterest are now the fastest growing social media platforms.
Image Source: Luke Leonard / Mashable
- Irony or optimisim? Depending on where you sit on the cynic-fence, Monty Python’s “Always look on the bright side of life” topped the charts for best funeral song.
Image Source: Jeff J Mitchell/Getty via rollingstone.com
- Speaking of irony/optimism, 90s sitcom actor and born again proverb-sharer, Kirk Cameron, tries to game Rotten Tomatoes for his rotten movie and fails epically.
Yep. Still at 8%…
Image Source: rottentomatoes.com
- Sia proves she’s gratefully “meh” about her ARIAs by giving them away on Twitter to people who’ve done good.
Image Source: twitter.com
- Do you even Vine? Well… if you do… you can now favourite stuff if that’s what you’re into.
Image Source: mashable.com
- And of course this would happen. Why wouldn’t it happen? Why hadn’t it?? Batman vs Darth Vadar – the epic show down. Enjoy…