A Mustard Minute: 7 November 2014
With the work week coming to an end, it’s time to take a minute to get up to speed with this week’s latest trending news…
- Star Wars VII has a name! Aaaaaand nobody likes it. “The Force Awakens” awoke a Twitter storm of #BetterStarWarsTitles. Here’s a few for consideration, J. J. Abrams…
Image Source: Twitter
- A blind woman sues Coles over online shopping experience.
Gisele Mesnage and her guide dog, D’Artagnan via Cole Bennetts via smh.com.au
- Meet Satiregram. Our new favourite Instagram account.
Image Source: Instagram
- The 2014 Astrofest in Australia’s iconic Parkes ‘Dish’ in central NSW awarded winners of best space-themed photos.
“Dust and Gas” – Paul Haese – Overall Winner of the 2014 Central West Astronomical Society AstroFest, David Malin Photography Awards via news.com.au
- Surprise, surprise. Governments have requested more user data from Facebook.
Image Source: smh.com.au
- The Danish National Chamber Orchestra ate the world’s hottest chillis…and performed.
- Due to decreasing search traffic, Germany’s top publisher Axel Springer has now allowed Google to show snippets of articles from its newspapers.
Image Source: afr.com.au
- Christopher Nolan’s epic space travel film Interstellar is here! Using new effects drafted through astrophysicists’ formulaic representations of space, we should be in for some spacy film goodness. Check out the trailer .
- Jasper the dog has been found after a social media campaign went viral.
Image Source: bbc.com
- And the Discovery channel wants you to see a snake eat a man whole…in early December. What a tease…
And that’s it for the minute! Tune in next week.